Thursday, November 16, 2017

BLANCO ES BONITO, CEVICHE (de pollo lol), AND PACKAGES

Friends and family,

FRAYYYYYYY GOT BAPTIZED YOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO. It was such a special day. He passed his interview, got there on time, and was smiling the entire time. So was I. I was blessed that he chose me to baptize him. I could literally feel the Spirit so strongly in the baptismal font and I gave him the biggest hug after he came out of the water. I love this man so much. He shared his testimony after and explained how he was so grateful for us missionaries for showing him the truth and bringing blessing into his life. He said " I have done a lot of things in my life and passed through a ton of hardship, but today I am clean through Christ." Yeah i shed a few (bastante) tears.

I ate Ceviche! But of chicken, because we arent allowed to eat the fish version. It was SUPER good and I cant wait to eat the real thing at the end of my mission. 

I recieved a package from my family that literally was a suitcase full of goodies and gifts for my birthday and Christmas coming up soon. I am enjoying the peanut butter and beef jerky that all American men have the privilege of eating every day. Blessed are the creators of those 2 foods. It is going to take all my willpower not to rip open the packages that say "DOnt open till the 13th of December and 25th".
Fray was indeed baptized but the work indeed goes on. We have a family of 3 who are going to recieve their interview tonight, please pray for the Zarate family that all will go well and we might have three more blanco es bonitos this Saturday coming up. How cool would that be to send even more baptismal pics next week. NOVEMBER ROCKS.
For all my future missionaries and current full timers, read ALma 17. It is the theme of our mission right now. We suffer a lot of tribulation as missionaries, that we might find joy in the salvation of souls.

I love and miss you all! Have a great week! #PrayForZaraTAY

--
Elder Hunter Sivley
Peru, Lima West Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment