Monday, September 18, 2017

12 weeks out! Time flies!!!

Hello all! This week was SWEET. Elder Dallin H Oaks absolutely filled my heart with inspiration and revelation. My favorite quote of his from this meeting is "Repentance isnt only for the unworthy to become worthy, but for the worthy to become perfect." I LOVE that quote he told us. I am never going to forget it. There are always times in our lives when we are unworthy, and we repent. However, it is SO necessary to work to become perfect, repenting everyday. He also talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon. Read it and share it everyday was his challenge. It is a challenge for all. 

My package came from my family this week, filled with cookies and peanut butter (my one true love). I am so grateful that I was able to feel their love through their letters and pictures. I love them so much!

We had the opportunity to go to the BEACH this week. Not to swim lol. But to clean up trash. There was a ton of trash and they are no where near finished but it felt good to serve.
We found 9 new investigators this week and 2 of them came to church finally! That is my biggest struggle here in the missionm. Bringing investigators to church. Our meeting is at 8 in the morning and nobody wants to come. The bishopric even arrives late. But we succeeded this week in bringing 2 of them! They have a baptismal date for the 30th of September and I hope they reach that goal!

I end my letter today with my favorite hymn " I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go." If you listen to the words, especially the chorus, you find a desire to be better. To be more like Christ. Sing that song in your heads as you serve others and improve yourself.


I love and miss you all! Until next week!

FUN TID BITS from Elder Sivley's letter home this week...

Weekly Questions:
1. Best part of your week: My package came and Elder Oaks! Also Bishop Causse came with Elder Oaks and he REMEMBERED me! Don't ask me how because I have no idea, but I was able to shake his hand and he just said "Nice to see you....again." I was so taken back. He either has the best memory in the world or its a gift from God. That was super awesome. (**We met Bishop Causse in February when we were in New Zealand visiting my parents... 7 months ago!!**)
2. Worst part of your week: A pigeon pooped on my tie. Literally fell out of the air and landed on my tie.
3.  Funniest part of your week: Yeah okay that was pretty funny too, not everyday I get bombed by a pigeon hahaha
4.  Most spiritual part of this past week: Elder Oaks said something that really struck me. "Repentance isn't only for the unworthy to become worthy, it is also for the worthy to become perfect." I worked so hard to become worthy, but it doesn't end there. Every day we need to repent for something wrong we did. We need to try and become perfect.
5.  Something you learned: If you work hard but don't work smart, you didn't work at all.
6.  Something you ate: Terrible Peruvian pizza with uncooked mushrooms on it. I hate the pizza here.

No comments:

Post a Comment