Monday, September 11, 2017

Week 11

Hello my friends and family! This week was a pretty good one. I am staying in Oquendo for transfers and staying with Elder Vidal which is even better because I love this dude. We had lots of lessons this week and we found lots of new investigators to teach. I love this place because the majority of people really have a desire to listen and understand the gospel.

Our mission President recieved a letter from the Quorum of the 12 saying that they want missionaries to stay in one are and with one companion for longer time. We are talking maybe a minimum of 6 months now. I am actually really grateful for that because I love the people hear and I am really gaining trust with the members (to the point that they always give me food when I eneter their house:)

This week was the birthday of Hermana Tuero, our pensionista (the person who gives us lunch everyday), and we went all out. We bought her her favorite candy, wrote a song for her and made this awesome sign in this picture I sent. It says "Before Hermana Tuero (with regular sized missionaries) and after Hermana Tuero (with arrows poiting to us on the sides with estómagos gorditos)" She laughed, and cried, so we know we did alright.

Dallin H Oaks is coming to our mission this WEDNESDAY and i cannot wait to hear his teachings and recieve revelation!!! Apostles are so dang cool. Also we recieved news that starting this month we will be going to the temple once every 6 months! I miss the temple, all of you that are able to go whenever you want, JEALOUS. Enjoy it for me please.

Today we made COMPLETOS from Chile and played soccer so it was a pretty good PDAY. I love this mission and the other missionaries in our district, we are one very strange looking family haha.
My studies this week consisted of 3 Nephi 11. All about when Christ came to the Americas. WHAT A BLESSING it is to have this knowledge that Christ not only taught the people in Jerusalem, but also the ancestors of the people that I teach every day here in Peru. It is really special when I ask someone "Did you know that Christ came to this land to teach people that probably are your ancestors?" I always see a light in their eyes, like they realized they are an important people to our Heavenly Father. We all are, because we all are children of God and he loves us dearly.

Have a great week and I love and miss you all!

Elder Sivley also got the news this week about his brother Brock's mission call.  We were dying for him to find out... this was his response: 
MEXICO!?!?!?!?!? THAT IS SO AWESOME. SPANISH LIVES ON IN THIS FAMILY. I am so excited for Brock oh my gosh.  I cant stop smiling at the pictures and videos of you dude. Vamos a cambiar el mundo juntos. Prepárese por la aventura de su vida. Te amo y estoy tan emocionado para ti.  (We are going to change the world together.  Prepare yourself for the adventure of a lifetime.  I love you and am so proud of you.)

Elder Sivley also got the news about his buddy Dodger dying and his sister in the hospital currently... but he is such a strong and faithful young man-- he told Hannah,  "I hope that you recover soon and that you are back out there showing the world how special you are. I love you and miss you so much!

Man I miss my boy!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment