Sunday, October 1, 2017

Lucky week number 13... or not

Hello my friends and family!

This week was a rough one to say the least. Our baptismal dates fell because no one came to church. This is really testing me yall. Really hard to connect with investigators and share a relationship with them when they arent progressing. We can teach them so many time but they will never recieve an answer or the Spirit if they dont come.

However, I have recieved tons of advice from you all, and I am determined to put it to use. I am promising you all and myself that next week I will have at least 1 person come to church. I have the tools and the abilities I need, I only need to put them in action.

Other than that this week wasnt too bad. Today is kind of weird because they switched our Pday to Friday because we get to go to the temple. WOO HOO. I am very excited for that to say the least. But today I have been proseliting and all of the sudden we came here to email. 

I went to Interpol this past week and good news, I can stay in Peru. I would really hate to leave (again lol). But what was funny is I went with all the new missionaries who arrived 3 weeks ago and ALL of them were gringos. So I had to help out a lot as the Interpol workers with DMV attitudes were barking spanish at them like the hairless dogs here. They all thanked me at the end of the day which felt funny because I still feel new here haha. I will say that my Spanish is doing great, I havent had a problem speaking in like 2 weeks. 

I studied Ether 12 this week and verse 27 really hit me. It talks about how God shows us our weaknesses to make us humble, and if we stay humble, he will turn our weaknesses into strengths. Right now my weakness is getting people to church.  I am relying on the Lord to help me in all things. I would invite you all to read this scripture or chapter if you can, and figure out a way that you can be humble and just let go of everything, handing it to the Lord. He will bless you for your broken heart and contrite spirit. 

I love and miss you all, oh and I guess my family is moving to Los Angeles California so LETS GO DODGERS BABYYYY WORLD SERIES BOUND. (but the mission presidents son told me they are on a 12 game losing streak :( 

**Thank you elder SIVLEY for announcing our move... lol!  We were waiting to tell others until we told him.  But he just did it for us! :)

Other fun things from his letter to us this week:

-- Something funny that happened this past week: I met a cousin of Lance Hall, Hermana Abby Lee. She is in my mission and is super cool! She was one of the new missionaries at Interpol and she was born in Plano so we talked a ton about good ol Tejas.
-- Something you learned this past week: To always carry my dog dazer at night because the hounds be crawlin this time of year.
-- FOOD: We eat Pollo a La Brasa every Wednesday as a district after district meeting. It is the best. rotisserie chicken with french fries, hot sauce, salad, and wait for it...asian fried rice called CHAUFA.



No comments:

Post a Comment