Thursday, July 6, 2017

I'M BACK!!! Week one ...

HEY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!

I am back in Lima, Peru and I am here to stay!!!! Wow it has been a crazy week. I got here and stayed in the office for 2 days, working as a temporary assistant you could say haha. I was able to see my president and he was so excited that I was back. He gave me the biggest hug and gave me my tie that I left with him. Someone told me later that he wore it every fast sunday. I love that man so much.  (so do we!!)

I contacted a little bit with the missionaries in the office and already have some ridiculous stories. Freaking a guy came up to us and told us he had killed 6 people but wanted to repent......yeah. 
I was chased by a Perro Peruano (dog of Peru) and they have zero hair except a freaking mohawk on top of their head. Hyenas really. Anyways, didn't get bit but that thing was pissed off. 
Later on Thursday, I finally got my first companion! His name is Elder Gutierrez and he is from La, Paz Bolivia. So that makes 2 Bolivian trainers I have had. Let me tell you, Bolivians are so great. He has the best attitude and such a passion for the work. 

We live in Oquendo, El Olivar, Callao, Lima, Peru. It is a town near the ocean so we have lots of seafood so this missionary is one happy guy. We have 12 scheduled baptismal dates, yes, TWELVE. We have had much success in the 3 days that I have worked here. 
I have retained SO MUCH more Spanish than I thought I did and I could not be happier. All in all, everything is fantastic here. I am so glad I was able to do this right. Im having the time of my life. Its hard but its such a privilege that I have worked so hard for. I love and miss you all!
 * a few added notes from his email to his mom:
-  He lives on Los Angeles Street! (since his dad and I are born and raised in LA and huge Dodger fans, we thought this was pretty cool!!)
-  I sent him with a "dog dazer" a high pitched alarm that he is SUPPOSED to carry with him to scare off wild mangy dogs... did he have it with him??? NOOOOO!
-  There is a family that lives a floor below them that are members of the church... this is the man who sent me the facebook message with a picture of him playing his ukelele.  They have kids that are 13, 11, and 5 and Elder Sivley says that the 5 year old is a latino Dayne.  :)
-  His hug with his mission president was super great and just what he needed-- President Stauffer was an amazing support to Hunter while he was home for 9 months.  <3
-  He is happier than he has ever been and feels so at peace.  That makes this mama so thankful!

Here's to many more weeks of "freaking" fantastic letters!  Can't wait until next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment