Monday, October 9, 2017

Baptism of Carmen Villalta and PRAY FOR FRAY!

Hello all of my friends and family. I am going to start making creative titles to my emails because naming the weeks is kinda boring.

WE HAD A BAPTISM BABY. Hermana Carmen Villalta es lo maximo!!! We love her so much and have full confidence that she is going to be such a strong member in the church. Her husband still has yet to recieve an answer of baptism but he supports her in everything. Such a great family. Pray for them please!

My spiritual experience was AWESOME this week. It came after the Zone Conference in a lesson with our investigator that night. We arrived and started asking her how she felt about her baptism this coming Saturday. She told us she felt unprepared and honestly didnt want to get baptized. My heart dropped, because she was one of the investigators that I thought was super firm in her desire. We thought of what to do in that moment and we decided to share a scripture from the Book of Mormon. Alma 7:14-15. She read it and was taken a back. She knew the invitation for baptism was hers and that she should do it, she just needed the impression of the Spirit. We asked her, "Hermana Carmen, have you honestly prayed and asked specifically if you should get baptized this Saturday?" She shook her head no. We asked if we could get on our knees and pray right there in th

at moment. Her prayer was simple, but powerful. But after, she stayed there on her knees for a solid 3 minutes before finally getting up and saying..."So what do I need to bring Saturday?" YESSSSSSSSSS. My heart was filled with joy and with the Spirit and I know hers was too.

I had an exchange with Elder Garzon from Medellin Colombia this week. He is so funny and we had a blast in this place called Parque Porcino. It is a pig farm and it smells TERRIBLE. But we found some amazing people there wanting to hear the gospel. Also I held a pig:)

Finally I want to tell yall about our good friend and BAPTISMAL DATE Fray Vasquez. He has a baptismal date for the 11 of November. He is a friend of a member and he owns a restaurant. He gives us free food EVERY time we go. He is like 23 and is such a bro, like we laugh and joke like long time friends. We finally taught him for the first time this past SUnday, IN THE CHAPEL, AFTER SACRAMENT MEETING. It was perfect and he started to cry when we gave him a Book of Mormon with our names signed inside, the first I have ever done. I love this guy and we have a lesson with him tomorrow.

I studied the general conference talks more this week. Doctrine and Covenants 3:36 is my scripture to leave! I love it so much!

I miss and love you all, have a great week. Also VAMOS PERU CONTRA COLOMBIA MAÑANA. COPA MUNDIAL BABY

No comments:

Post a Comment