Monday, August 14, 2017

Semana 7... THIS is the work of the Lord

Hello my friends and family!

Nothing huge happened this week so today is a little shorter than most. We had a tough week finding new people to teach and setting very firm lesson dates. So we did a lot of searching and walking. One day I kid you not I walked 17 miles. My legs were crying and I live on the 4th floor of a very unstable looking building (so If we have a really bad earthquake yeah I am dead) so the walk up was LO PEOR (the worst).

We had a broadcast this past Sunday from the area authorities, Elder Carlos Godoy and Elder Juan Uceda of the Seventy. They both talked about reasons NOT to serve a mission (girlfriend,school,job,family) and how they are actually reasons TO serve a mission. So my email today more than anything is to those on my list contemplating serving a mission.

If you feel like you are leaving behind so much to serve, think about how much a mission will bless those things in your life. Especially the family. Your family will be watched over and protected, and more importantly, you will change the lives of every family to teach in your mission. Which will start a chain reaction, families to future missionaries to more families. THIS is the reason to serve a mission, THIS is the work of the Lord.

D&C 4 .....Read it, pray about it, apply it to your life.

I love and miss you all!

Soccer with the missionaries
 Elders Sivley and Vidal with a member in Peru...

No comments:

Post a Comment