Monday, August 21, 2017

Week OCHO



Buenas tardes mis amigos y mi familia.

How is everyone? This week was a pretty good one. It started with a MIRACLE.  We were walking in the street when we hear "ELDER". We looked at eachother and were like "DId you just hear Elder?". All of the sudden a door flys open from a house behind us and a 25 or so year old man comes running up to us and says, "I need to talk to you, I want you to visit my family and we are not going to rest until we are members of your church." We looked at eachother with huge smiles and said "UH YEAH OKAY". They are a family that isnt married but we talked with the secretary of marriage and got all the information for a wedding on September 22. We presented the idea to them and they responded without hesitation, "Yes we will do it." We also invited them to be baptized the day after, the 23 of September, and again almost instantly, "Yes of course we will be baptized." They are so humble and so willing to learn, they keep their commitments in reading and asisting church. I love them, and I am excited to help them reach these goals. How cool is that? That was the highlight of my week easily.

We also had a feast from Cusco Peru called Pachamanca (google it) and it was the best pork I have had in my life. I love Peruvian food so much. I am trying to learn recipes that I can take home with me.
Elder Vidal is continuing to become a brother to me. I love this guy so much and we work so well together. I took a picture of our white board (my baby) that we have in our room and some of the writings on there should describe our relationship pretty well. Oquendo is doing great and we are very confident to have some baptisms pretty soon.

This week I studied about charity. Moroni 7 talks about the importance of charity and I asked myself, what am I doing to achieve this charity? Read this chapter and ask yourself the same thing! How can you have charity for others?

I miss and love you all! Have a great week!

Funny story from his personal letter to the family:

For Pday we played this game where there were two groups of like 6 missionaries and you had to bring a fruit. Any fruit you like. I brought a pineapple. BIG MISTAKE. We had to eat it, ALL OF IT, without using our hands. I have pictures that I am trying to send but it was pretty crazy. IT was a race of who could do it the fastest and other people had like apples and bananas and I had a pineapple. But it was like a relay, when one person finished another started. So they had me go last and in the end of the entire game it was between me and an Elder who brought a cantalope. I WON. I ATE THAT PINEAPPLE SO FAST. SO fast that my lips were bleeding a little after because of the spikes. But my team was so hyped because of me it was awesome. Everyone thought we were going to lose because of my pineapple. :)

Mom's note: personally I'm shocked it wasn't a mango.  He LOVES mango!  Especially in Peru!




No comments:

Post a Comment